WELLINGTON OF FLOWER MOUND
RESIDENTIAL ASSOCIATION, INC.
ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE
Bulletin # 13 – Yard Signs and School/Seasonal Banners
revised October 13, 2014
Pursuant to Article 10.02 of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Wellington of Flower Mound Residential Association, Inc. (the “Declaration”), The Architectural Control Committee (the “Committee) may, from time to time, publish and promulgate Architectural Standards Bulletins covering all or a portion of the property made subject to this document. These bulletins may contain standards, requirements or limitations in addition to those expressly set forth or referred to in the Declaration.
This bulletin is applicable to all Wellington lots. The Architectural Control Committee reserves the right to review any sign or banner posted on a Wellington lot. (See Bulletin #9 for the flag of the United States of America, the flag of the State of Texas or an official or replica flag of any branch of the United States Armed Forces.)
All yard signs and school/seasonal banners which are visible from any public streets adjoining the lot or other public right of ways shall be limited in size, number and type so as to be uniform and not distracting to neighbors.
(a) School/seasonal yard signs and small banners to be limited to:
(1) A maximum of 2' x 3' in size.
(2) Positive support of institutions of education and/or youth activities.
(3) Placed within eight feet (8’) of the residence and mounted on a stake or stand.
(4) Three (3) school/seasonal yard signs and banners permitted without additional ACC approval.
(b) Commercial signs directly related to an ACC-approved exterior project. Sign may be displayed only for the duration of the project.
(c) Political signs which support a candidate or a position on a ballot proposition for an upcoming election. Political signs may be posted as early as 90 days before an election (no earlier) and must be removed within 10 days after the election.
(d) Large school/seasonal banners shall be limited to:
(1) A maximum of 4' x 6' in size.
(2) Positive support of institutions of education or the season.
(3) One (1) per lot. Banners must be attached to the house, patio cover or arbor by a pole (not to exceed 8 feet) or may be placed within eight feet (8’) of the residence and mounted on a stake or stand.
(4) School banners may only be displayed from 5:00 PM Friday through 8:00 AM Monday. Seasonal banners may only be displayed during the appropriate season.